Tomboy Fashion: Autumn Wardrobe Essentials

A couple of months ago when the sun was shining a little more, I wrote a post entitled Tomboy Fashion: Summer Wardrobe Essentials which was basically a Pinterest binge of all the clothes that I like to wear in the summer time. I tend to stick to a few key items year in and year out when it comes to seasonal clothing, so I thought that I would continue the theme with an autumn or 'fall' (for my friends across the pond) post of wardrobe essentials. 

I absolutely adore autumn time, I love those days when it's sunny but slightly chilly, I love that the comfy jumpers come out to play, that everything becomes pumpkin or cinnamon flavoured and I love that if you want to have a bit of an inside day it's totally fine and you don't feel pressured to leave your house and be with the people. You can also eat wayyyyyy more chocolate and people won't notice. 

It's not quite cold enough to bring out the heavy artillery winter coat in autumn time but it's also definitely not warm enough to go without, and therefore my first 'must have' if you will for any Tomboy autumn wardrobe is a mac/ trench coat.  

The classic creamy beige is a winner but any style works really well and you'll feel super swish and/ or like a flasher when wearing it. 
Please note the stunning Jessie Ware in the far right photo #beaut

Combining the autumnal mac with a decent pair of brogues or loafers will smarten up your look...

...whereas teaming your mac with a comfy pair of trainers will obviously make your look more casual. An alternative to the mac/ trench coat to keep off the autumnal chill is using a number of thin layers (or lairs if you're Mary Berry) with a thinner jacket- either denim or leather. 
Speaking of layers...autumn is the perfect time for the winning- combo of the buttoned up shirt under a thin jumper or cardigan. I basically live in this at the office throughout autumn & winter as it still remains smart but is super comfy and warm too. 


My final essential for your 'not-quite-winter-but-summer-is-long-gone' wardrobe is a dark fedora to keep your wee head warm. Usually made of felt or a thicker, woolly material, these hats are great for the following: 

a. when you can't be bothered to brush/ wash your hair and/ or your roots are showing
b. to make you feel a bit like Indiana Jones or some other hat-wearing icon
c. combined with the mac/ trench coat can make you look like a detective from an old black and white film

So there you have it folks, hardly revolutionary stuff but provides a little insight nonetheless into what I'll be wearing this autumn. 

Hope you enjoyed it. 

Peace. 

0 comments: